Junior Research Project Manager
WHERE? BUFFL OFFICES Kardinaal Mercierplein 1, 2800 Mechelen, Belgium
WHEN? As soon as possible – fulltime basis
What do we do at BUFFL? We help companies make products and services that people actually care about. Did you know that more than 75% of new products and services fail? We developed a platform that enables companies to discover the needs of their target audience and validate their (rough) ideas with 250 target customers in just 10 minutes.
With this platform commercially available and used by clients including Telenet, Proximus, Orange, KBC, Colruyt, P&G, BBDO, Bundl, Duval Union, BOI, CM, Luminus,… BUFFL is ready to scale.
Our challenge? Helping our clients in mapping their assumptions and posing the right questions at the right time in the innovation process. Maybe we can even dream of automating market research someday?
BUFFL is a tech start-up at its core, with a strong user-centered mindset – however knowing what to research at any given time is easier said than done. The Operations team helps our clients set up well-framed research projects based on a step-by-step innovation methodology. The team consists of junior and senior project leads working in tandem to develop and deliver research projects for our clients and transform them into surveys launched to the BUFFL community. Within this fast-growing team, there is an opening for a junior specialist who wants to take ownership of the delivery of projects under the guidance of senior colleagues.
- A(n aspiring) project manager: with a keen eye for detail, a strong sense of ownership and the ambition to run the delivery of his/her own project from A-Z.
- A problem solver: that when running into an issue can independently come up with a strategy, takes action to resolve it and when needed coordinate the team or other departments to find a solution.
- A process “geek”: who loves managing multiple projects in parallel and continuously looks to make his work more efficient, gets to know his tools in-and-out and helps define new ways to tackle strategic processes.
- A doer: that likes practical project work and independently creates his/her own pipeline of relevant projects to keep busy in quieter periods.
- Able to communicate fluently in Dutch and English.
YOUR (FUTURE) SUPERPOWERS
- Learn how to translate client briefings into a solid survey, both in terms of structure & questions.
- Manage the programming of surveys in the BUFFL platform (training will be provided). You will grow to manage several research projects each week.
- Take ownership of the project management of your projects and (learn to) keep track of timing, costs, deadlines and reporting. You will need to be meticulous in following up your projects!
- Help clients understand data results, analytical functionalities and how to interpret datasets. You will be trained on this as well, but an academic or other research background is a big plus here.
- Handle clients requests and questions together with operations and account management colleagues.
- Proactively flag opportunities or issues and occasionally take the lead on internal projects.
- Learn the ins and outs of project management, product development and innovation processes.
- Work on challenging and interesting projects for clients in a wide variety of sectors, from startups to corporates.
- Take responsibility for your own success and that of the company – your actions have a direct impact on customer success and the future of the organization and ample room to learn and specialize according to your interests.
- A highly competitive salary package and flexible work hours in a “work hard, play harder” environment.
- Become part of the dream team where team spirit is key.